The ballot is stronger than the bullet.
Are you still trying to decide whether it’s worth your time to vote this year? It might feel like you can’t make a difference, but think of the cumulative power of everyone you disagree with going to the polls – do you want them to decide your future? Doesn’t matter what side you’re on. Vote red state or blue state, I don’t care – but I do hope you vote with an towards moving this country forward and honoring everyone’s individual rights.
- Go here for voter registration deadlines by state.
- To find out voter requirements in your state, go here. (GottaVote.org)
- To check if you’re eligible to vote, go here.
- If you are a US Citizen living abroad, this site can help you vote.
- If you just moved, and you’re unsure if you can vote, and where to go, the US Government can help – find out more here.
Don’t think it’s worth your time to vote – that both parties are just playing lip-service to the public while secretly serving the same wizard behind the curtain? Think again! Voting is a right, a privilege and a duty all rolled into one. People have died, and are still dying, just to get a chance to visit a polling booth. Come on – it takes mere minutes out of your day to perform this civic duty. You may be a soldier fighting for a just cause, a knight battling a dragon, or a freedom fighter giving rousting speeches right before an imminent attack – but when you fill out that ballot your are striking a blow against those that you feel are oppressing you, or working against you, or making life that much uglier.
And if all else fails, vote because you know it’ll piss off your grumpy Uncle Charlie or sanctimonious Auntie Irene.
Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
- On Restricting the Vote (politicalwire.com)
- Friends Don’t Let Friends Abstain from Voting (wildfeministappears.wordpress.com)
- ACLU – Know Your Voting Rights: State-by-State Voter Information (bespacific.com)
- Facebook boosts election turnout, study finds (todayonline.com)
- September is voter registration month (rapidcityjournal.com)
- 616,000 who could vote aren’t registered (elpasotimes.typepad.com)
- How To Register To Vote Online (kysdc.com)
- 3 Ways the GOP Has Already Disenfranchised Thousands of Swing-State Voters (alternet.org)
- Your Ballot, Please (momathonblog.typepad.com)